It’s time to try some of the best restaurants in Charleston, South Carolina! From classic spots to the newest and trendiest, there’s something for everyone. Charleston, South Carolina is a city rich in history and culture, and its food scene is no exception. With a variety of restaurants, ranging from classic to trendy, locals and visitors can experience the best the city has to offer. From tapas and paninis to terrines and karaage, Charleston’s restaurant offerings are as diverse as the city itself.
From the classic and traditional to the newly emerging, here are five of the best restaurants in Charleston, South Carolina
- Husk – This beloved restaurant has been serving up delicious soul food since 1979. Whether it’s the fried chicken or the jambalaya, this place is always good for a tasty bite.
- Rodney Scott’s – This famous barbecue joint is a classic among Charlestonians. Served up with sweet tea, this place is a must-try for any barbecue lover. Make sure to take home bottle of their signature sauces! If you’ve never been to Rodney Scott’s Whole Hog BBQ, you’re in for a treat. The restaurant serves up some of the best whole hog barbecue, ribs, chicken, turkey, and steak in the city of Charleston. The food is so good, it was even featured in the book “Rodney Scott’s World of BBQ: Recipes & Perspectives from the Legendary Pitmaster” written by award-winning writer Lolis Eric Elie.
- Glass Onion – Located in the heart of the city, this contemporary restaurant serves up Mediterranean cuisine. With a modern interior and eclectic music, it’s the perfect place to spend an evening. The atmosphere is modern and chic, the service is excellent, and the food — well, it is delicious.
- The Chubby Fish– Cooks at chubby fish serve up a variety of seafood dishes such as linguini topped with clams, oysters, and salamander broiled fish, and Albariño-marinated grouper with beet butter and grapefruit. Some items change daily, but some, fried oyster rolls, chili garlic shrimp over rice, have become long-running fixtures. No reservations, so get there early and lineup to snag your table at this great new addition to the Charleston Restaurant scene.
- Xiao Bao Biscuit – Xiao Bao Biscuit, a newly opened restaurant in Charleston, South Carolina, has quickly gained a following for its delicious and juicy steaks, handcrafted cocktails and luscious deserts. But did you know that it also offers a unique and innovative twist on classic Chinese food?
The restaurant’s signature dish is its Shanghai noodles, a savory version of the popular dish that is packed with spicy sesame sauce, shredded vegetables and beef. This dish is definitely a fan favorite, with many of the restaurant’s reviews on Yelp noting that it is one of the best Shanghai noodles they have ever had. Another popular offering is the biscuits and gravy, which is a perfect way to start a morning meal or enjoy for breakfast. The biscuits are light and fluffy, and are covered in a sweet and savory gravy full of meat and cheese.
Not only is the restaurant’s Chinese food unique, but it is also incredibly delicious.
Classic and quintessentially Charleston spots have been serving locals and tourists alike for years but these spots will continue to please diners for years to come with their delicious an unique takes on some of our favorite cuisines.