We went to the expert to discover what’s new in GPT-4 as artificial intelligence platforms continue to evolve. Here’s What ChatGPT Thinks About GPT-4…
OpenAI’s most advanced system is GPT-4, which produces responses that are both safer and more useful. While the difference between GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 may not be immediately noticeable in casual conversation, it becomes apparent when dealing with complex tasks. GPT-4 excels in reliability, creativity, and the ability to handle highly nuanced instructions compared to GPT-3.5.
With its wider general knowledge and enhanced problem-solving abilities, GPT-4 can tackle complex problems with greater accuracy.
Our deep learning approach builds upon the research and development of previous language models such as GPT, GPT-2, and GPT-3, leveraging more data and computation to create even more sophisticated and capable language models like GPT-4. We also dedicated 6 months to improve the safety and alignment of GPT-4, resulting in an 82% decrease in the likelihood of responding to requests for disallowed content and a 40% increase in producing factual responses compared to GPT-3.5 in our internal evaluations.
GPT-4 offers the capability to handle prompts that include both text and images, providing users with the ability to specify any language or vision-based task. This allows it to generate natural language or code outputs from input that consists of a mix of text and images. GPT-4 demonstrates similar proficiency in handling prompts containing text and images as it does in text-only inputs, across a range of domains such as documents with text and photographs, diagrams, or screenshots. Moreover, it can be enhanced with test-time techniques developed for text-only language models such as few-shot and chain-of-thought prompting. However, image inputs are still under research and not currently available to the public.
How Should ChatGPT Evolve?
- Improve its accuracy and reliability: ChatGPT can be trained on more diverse and extensive datasets to improve its language understanding and make it more accurate and reliable in responding to user inputs.
- Expand its knowledge: ChatGPT can be trained on a wider range of topics to expand its knowledge base and be able to provide more comprehensive and informed responses to users.
- Enhance its conversational abilities: ChatGPT can be programmed to develop more natural and engaging conversational abilities, such as the ability to recognize and respond to emotions, and the ability to understand and generate humor.
- Incorporate multimodal inputs: ChatGPT can be programmed to process and respond to inputs that include not only text but also audio, video, and images. This can improve its ability to understand and respond to user inputs in more diverse and nuanced ways.
- Incorporate ethical considerations: ChatGPT can be programmed to take into account ethical considerations such as fairness, bias, and inclusivity in its responses to users. This can help ensure that its outputs are not harmful or discriminatory.